This course is designed for those new to calculating rents and for those wanting to enhance their knowledge of income and rent determinations. Participants will learn procedures for determining, calculating, and documenting income and rent calculations. The newest guidance and requirements provided by HUD, including over-income families, will be addressed. HOTMA changes to the rent determination process will be covered as HUD releases guidance.
Sample verification and tracking forms will be provided, along with an updated Earned Income Disallowance (EID) worksheet for calculating and tracking EID for those qualifying on or after May 9, 2016. Case studies are interspersed throughout the training to reinforce principles presented.
This class is great for: Eligibility Staff, Staff responsible for conducting lease-up activities, performing annual reexaminations or maintaining tenant files, and Quality Control/Supervisory staff!
- Rent Determination
- Local Policy Decisions
- Application Form
- Form HUD-9886
- Form HUD-50058
- HUD Verification Hierarchy
- Level 6 (Highest/Mandatory): EIV and IVT
- Level 5 (Highest/Optional): UIV
- Level 4 (High): Written Third-Party Verification
- Level 3 (Medium/Low): Written Third-Party Verification Form
- Level 2 (Low): Oral Third-Party Verification
- Level 1 (Lowest): Tenant Declaration
- Annual Income 24 CFR 5.609
- Verification of Earned & Unearned Income
Duration: 5 hours and 3 minutes