Learn Procedures for Adoption, Change, and Management of Your Agency’s Preferences & Priorities
Are local preferences required by HUD? The answer may surprise you! While HUD strongly recommends a few specific preferences, they have detailed requirements for adoption of discretionary local preferences. In fact, one preference requires approval by Fair Housing.
While many agencies have adopted local preferences as part of their ACOP and/or Administrative Plan, reviews consistently reveal that they are not applied correctly when selecting applicants from the Waiting List(s). Not only would these errors be a management finding, but they could also result in Fair Housing violations.
This class is great for: Property Managers, PH and HCVP Occupancy Specialists, Application and Waiting List Staff, Executive Directors, and PH/HCVP Supervisory Staff!
- Regulatory requirements for adopting, changing and implementing preferences
- The difference between preferences and priorities within preferences
- Consideration in adopting preferences and priorities - The pros and cons of adopting different types of preferences
- How to select families from the waiting lists and how to document that preferences were correctly applied
- Processes to be followed when the agency changes preferences or priorities
- Changing preferences by the applicant while on the waiting list
- Required and recommended procedures and documentation for denial of a preference claimed
Duration: 1 hour and 25 minutes