Maximize Income Through Accurate Rent Determinations
This course is designed for those new to calculating rents and for those wanting to enhance their knowledge of income and rent determinations. Participants will learn procedures for determining, calculating, and documenting income and rent calculations. The newest guidance and requirements provided by HUD, including over-income families, will be addressed. HOTMA changes to the rent determination process will be covered as HUD releases guidance.
Sample verification and tracking forms will be provided along with an updated Earned Income Disallowance (EID) worksheet for calculating and tracking EID for those qualifying on or after May 9, 2016. Case studies are interspersed throughout the training to reinforce principles presented.
This class is great for: Eligibility Staff, Staff responsible for conducting lease-up activities, performing annual reexaminations or maintaining tenant files, and Quality Control/Supervisory staff!
- Income and Rent Calculations Options and Requirements
- Identification of All Income to the Household
- Processes for Calculating and Offsetting Imputed Welfare Rent
- Federally Mandate Income Exclusions
- Earned Income Disallowance (EID) Calculation and Tracking
- Determination and Calculation of Deductions and Allowances
- Calculating Total Tenant Payment and Adjusted Income
- Income-Based Rents and Flat Rents
- Public Housing Pro-Rated Rent Calculations for Mixed Families
- Processing Minimum Rent Hardship Exemptions
- File Documentation and Verification Requirements
- How Data Entered Incorrectly on the form HUD-50058 Triggers PIC/EIV Errors
Duration: 9 hours and 7 minutes
SKU: 210713, 210714, 210715